Last Updated: August 6, 2020
THE SECTIONS BELOW TITLED â€śBINDING ARBITRATIONâ€ť AND â€śCLASS ACTION WAIVERâ€ť CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THEM.
The Services are available only for individuals aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older, but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the Services only with the consent of your parent or guardian.
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Services, or any portion of the Services, without notice and without reason.
If you wish to save preferences to your device, you will need to register for an account. If you elect to register with us, you may log in using a third-party login provider (e.g., Facebook, Google). If you do not wish to log in using these third-party access credentials, you will be prompted to create an account, which includes a sign-in name (â€śSign-In Nameâ€ť), a password (â€śPasswordâ€ť), and perhaps certain additional information that will assist us in authenticating your identity when you log in in the future (â€śUnique Identifiersâ€ť). When creating your account, you must provide true, accurate, current, and complete information. Each Sign-In Name and corresponding Password can be used by only one authorized user. You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Sign-In Name, Password, and Unique Identifiers, as well as for any use of, misuse of, or communications entered through the App using one or more of them. You will promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a Password or Sign-In Name or change any Unique Identifier. We reserve the right to delete or change your Password, Sign-In Name, or Unique Identifier at any time and for any reason and shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage caused by such action. APis under no obligation to accept any individual or entity as an account holder, and may accept or reject any registrations in our sole and complete discretion. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
3. COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
By accessing the Services, you agree to comply with these community guidelines (the â€śCommunity Guidelinesâ€ť) and that:
- You will comply with all applicable laws in your use of the Services and will not use the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not access or use the Services to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Services through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any Content (as defined below), data, files, or passwords related to the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
- You will not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Services;
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features on the Services;
- You will not circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade, or thwart any of the Content protections in the Services;
- You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Services for any purpose without our express, written permission; provided, however, we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the public portions of the Services for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly-available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure; and
- You will not distort the meaning or cause otherwise non-defamatory, non-infringing content to defame or infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or violate any personâ€™s personal proprietary or privacy rights.
If you find something that violates our Community Guidelines, please let us know, and weâ€™ll review it.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Services contains material, such as photographs, software, text, graphics, images, and other material provided by or on behalf of AP(collectively referred to as the â€śContentâ€ť). The Content may be owned by us or third parties. The Content provided through the Services is protected under both United States and foreign laws, including, but not limited to, copyright and trademark laws, and unauthorized use of the Content may violate such laws.
You may view all Content for your own personal, non-commercial use, and no other use is permitted without the prior written consent of Âé¶ą´«Ă˝app. APand its licensors retain all right, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Content. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Content. You may not sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, make a derivative version of, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. We reserve the right to remove Content from our Services at any time for any reason without any notice to you.
If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to access the Content and the Services automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Content.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of AP(the â€śAPTrademarksâ€ť) used and displayed on the Services are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Âé¶ą´«Ă˝app. Other company, product, and service names located on the Services may be trademarks or service marks owned by others (the â€śThird-Party Trademarks,â€ť and, collectively with APTrademarks, the â€śTrademarksâ€ť). Nothing on the Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use of the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of APTrademarks inures to our benefit.
Elements of the Services are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including, but not limited to, the use of framing or mirrors. None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for each and every instance.
5. COMMUNICATIONS WITH US
Although we encourage you to e-mail us, we do not want you to, and you should not, e-mail us any content that contains confidential information. With respect to all e-mails and communications you send to us, including, but not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, and the like, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, the development, production, and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information without compensation or attribution to you.
6. NO WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED â€śAS ISâ€ť AND â€śAS AVAILABLEâ€ť WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. APEXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIESâ€™ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, APDOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (1) THE INFORMATION ON THE SERVICES IS CORRECT, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (2) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WARRANTY, CONTRACT, OR COMMON LAW TORT CLAIMS: (I) WE AND OUR LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO ACCESS AND USE THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (II) ANY DIRECT DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT SHALL BE LIMITED ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS ($100).
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTIES IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT Âé¶ą´«Ă˝appPLY TO YOU.
THE SERVICES MAY CONTAIN TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRÂé¶ą´«Ă˝appHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. UNLESS REQUIRED BY Âé¶ą´«Ă˝appPLICABLE LAWS, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH TYPOGRÂé¶ą´«Ă˝appHICAL OR TECHNICAL ERRORS LISTED ON THE SERVICES.
7. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
APrespects the intellectual property rights of others and attempts to comply with all relevant laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove any Content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws.
Our designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the â€śActâ€ť) for the receipt of any Notification of Claimed Infringement which may be given under that Act is as follows:
DMCA Notices, APAP200 Liberty Street Attn: Legal Department New York, NY 10281 Phone: 212-621-1500 Email: email@example.com
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our agent with notice in accordance with the requirements of the Act, including (i) a description of the copyrighted work that has been infringed and the specific location on the App where such work is located; (ii) a description of the location of the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work; (iii) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (v) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright ownerâ€™s behalf; and (vi) an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
8. EXTERNAL SITES
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, licensees, licensors, and assigns harmless from and against any damages, liabilities, losses, expenses, claims, actions, and/or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from: (i) your breach of this Agreement; (ii) your misuse of the Content or the Services; and/or (iii) your violation of any third-party rights, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, publicity, or privacy right. We shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit, or proceeding. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control (at your expense) of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
10. COMPLIANCE WITH Âé¶ą´«Ă˝appPLICABLE LAWS
The Services are based in the United States. We make no claims concerning whether the Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Services or the Content from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
11. CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT
12. TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate this Agreement and the Services and your access to all or any part of the Services, at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. Sections 4-18 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
13. CONTROLLING LAW
This Agreement and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
14. BINDING ARBITRATION
In the event of a dispute arising under or relating to this Agreement, the Content, or the Services (each, a â€śDisputeâ€ť), such dispute will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (â€śFAAâ€ť). NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE SUCH CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, EITHER PARTY MAY BRING ITS CLAIM IN ITS LOCAL SMALL CLAIMS COURT, IF PERMITTED BY THAT SMALL CLAIMS COURT RULES AND IF WITHIN SUCH COURTâ€™S JURISDICTION. DISCOVERY AND Âé¶ą´«Ă˝appPEAL RIGHTS MAY ALSO BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. All disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator selected jointly by the parties, whose decision will be final, except for a limited right of appeal under the FAA. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted by JAMS pursuant to its then current Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those rules, or, where appropriate, pursuant to JAMSâ€™ Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures. All applicable JAMSâ€™ rules and procedures are available at the JAMS website www.jamsadr.com. Each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules. Judgment on the arbitratorâ€™s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. If conducted in person, the arbitration shall take place in the United States county where you reside. The parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay a proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. The parties shall cooperate in good faith in the voluntary and informal exchange of all non-privileged documents and other information (including electronically stored information) relevant to the Dispute immediately after commencement of the arbitration. Nothing in this Agreement will prevent APfrom seeking injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction as necessary to protect Âé¶ą´«Ă˝appâ€™s proprietary interests.
15. CLASS ACTION WAIVER
You agree that any arbitration or proceeding shall be limited to the Dispute between us and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (i) no arbitration or proceeding shall be joined with any other; (ii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated or resolved on a class action-basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (iii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CÂé¶ą´«Ă˝appACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
16. EQUITABLE RELIEF
You acknowledge and agree that in the event of a breach or threatened violation of our intellectual property rights and confidential and proprietary information by you, we will suffer irreparable harm and will therefore be entitled to injunctive relief to enforce this Agreement. We may, without waiving any other remedies under this Agreement, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim, equitable, provisional, or injunctive relief that is necessary to protect our rights and property pending the outcome of the arbitration referenced above. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be heard exclusively by any of the federal or state courts of competent jurisdiction located in the State of New York.
17. DOWNLOADING THE Âé¶ą´«Ă˝appP
We make the App available through the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. The following terms apply to the App when accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store where the App may now or in the future be made available. You acknowledge and agree that:
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Âé¶ą´«Ă˝app.
- Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of that App infringes that third partyâ€™s intellectual property rights, APwill be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by this Agreement.
- Apple and its affiliates are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement as related to your license to the App, and that, upon your acceptance of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement as related to your license of the App against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist-supporting country; (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties; (iii) you are not an individual, or associated with an entity, designated under the UKâ€™s Terrorist Asset-Freezing etc. Act 2010 (TAFA 2010); and (iv) you are not otherwise subject to or affected in any way by any national security or terrorism related rules whether applicable to you personally or to your location or other circumstances.
- You must also comply with all applicable third party terms of service when using the App.
Our failure to act on or enforce any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision in this Agreement. No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. Except as expressly agreed by us and you in writing, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter. The section headings are provided merely for convenience and shall not be given any legal import. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicensees.
Copyright 2023 Âé¶ą´«Ă˝app